Gabès: Eight African migrants buried last June, confirms president of the municipal district of Sidi Boulebaba
16/07/2019 21:42, TUNIS/Tunisia

(TAP) - President of the municipal district of Sidi Boulebaba in Gabès, Salah Rehaim, confirmed that eight Africans were buried in the Sidi Boulebaba cemetery on June 24, victims of illegal migration, "an operation that is not the first of its kind".

He indicated that officials of the International Red Cross had already visited the cemetery and inspected it.

Commenting on reports of the refusal of the Gabès Municipal Council to bury the African victims in the Sidi Boulebaba cemetery, he told TAP that the Council had not met to discuss the case "but reservations were expressed about this operation due to the deterioration of the situation in the cemetery".

Rehaim said that the Sidi Boulebaba cemetery, located in the centre of the city and surrounded by residential areas on either side, does not have much open space and that the ground has become unstable during periods of rainfall, stating that his municipal district has called on the municipality of Gabès to seriously consider the creation of a new cemetery.

More
Twitter Updates Newsletter Signup Contact Us

If you wish to receive our newsletter, register below.


tel: 71889000
fax: 71883500, 71888999