COVID-19: 423 confirmed cases, 12 deaths and 5 recovered (Health Ministry)
01/04/2020 19:04, TUNIS/Tunisia

(TAP) – 30 more confirmed cases of infection with the coronavirus (COVID-19) were recorded in Tunisia, after the disclosure of results of 550 tests carried out at the laboratories of Charles Nicolle hospital in Tunis (288), the Institut Pasteur (214) and the Fattouma Bourguiba hospital in Monastir (48) on March 31.

This brings the overall number of confirmed cases to 423, out of 4,456 tests carried out, Director General of the National Observatory of New and Emerging Diseases (ONMNE) Nissaf Ben Alaya said at a press briefing Wednesday.

Ben Alaya added 12 deaths have been recorded so far, most of whom suffer from chronic diseases. Five people have recovered, she said.

Tunis governorate has the highest number of confirmed cases with 104 cases, followed by Ariana (57), Medenine (46), Ben Arous (43), Monastir (26), Sousse ( 35), Kébili (16), Sfax (20), Bizerte (15), Nabeul (10), Manouba (09), Tataouine (07), Gabès (05), Mahdia (08), Le Kef (06), Zaghouan (02), Tozeur (01), Sidi Bouzid (03), Kairouan (02), Kasserine (02), Gafsa (05) and Béja (01).

Ben Alaya said 20 patients with COVID-19 are currently admitted to hospitals.

The deaths were recorded in Sfax (03), Ariana (02), Sousse (01), Le Kef (01), Mahdia (01), Tataouine (01), Bizerte (01), Tunis (01) and Médenine (01).

The number of people subjected to self-isolation is 18,634, of whom 15,374 have completed their period of health monitoring and 3,161 are still under medical surveillance.

Ben Alaya noted that the evolution of the epidemiological situation shows a rapid spread of the virus in several regions of the country, hence the importance of complying with the lockdown measures.

More
Twitter Updates Newsletter Signup Contact Us

To receive our newsletter,register


tel: 71889000
fax: 71883500, 71888999